Friday, December 15, 2006

Taking the Fan Thing a Little Too Far

This happened a while ago, but Ive only just stopped laughing enough to write it down.

The other day, two ladies of my acquaintance were out in the car. I suppose it does no harm to reveal that they are in fact my mother in-law and sister in-law (both absolutely delightful people). They drove past a house which was evidently undergoing a good deal of building work, and outside of which was situated a 'portaloo'.

"Oh" says Mum, "those people must really like Doctor Who! Look, they've got a Tardis in their garden!"

I do hope she never has occasion to use one of the few remaining police telephone boxes to be found in our green and pleasant land.

1 comment:

Tengrain said...

Dr. Who suddenly seems a lot more funny to me now. Thanks for sharing!

Happy new year,

Tengrain